Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
Our medical negligence solicitors are experts in breast cancer misdiagnosis claims. They have represented many women who have been the victims of breast cancer misdiagnosis and have obtained significant sums in compensation on their behalf.
Breast cancer is the 2nd most common form of cancer in women in the UK and can have a devastating impact on the lives of our clients. If breast cancer is diagnosed early it can be treated aggressively and patients can fully recover.
However, if a medical professional negligently fails to diagnose breast cancer, the patient’s prognosis can be much worse. The longer breast cancer is left untreated, the worse it can get and the more invasive the treatment can become. That is why it is so important for medical professionals to be aware of possible breast cancer symptoms.
Our solicitors are specialists in breast cancer misdiagnosis claims and will be able to guide you through the process in a friendly and expert manner.
There are strict time limits on when you can make breast cancer misdiagnosis claims. It is really important that you seek specialist legal advice as soon as possible if you think you may have been the victim of breast cancer misdiagnosis.
Our Solicitors are experts in Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims. You can contact them today by completing our quick Free Claim Assessment or call us on 0800 999 3372.
What is Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis?
Breast cancer misdiagnosis is when a doctor incorrectly fails to identify the presence of breast cancer in a woman. Not all cases of misdiagnosis are negligent, as it can be difficult to diagnose breast cancer at an early stage.
However, it is generally when a medical professional negligently fails to thoroughly investigate your symptoms that breast cancer misdiagnosis happens. It is the responsibility of your doctor to rule out the most serious conditions, such as breast cancer. It is unacceptable for a doctor to make any assumption regarding your condition as this can lead to negligent misdiagnosis.
The effects of breast cancer misdiagnosis are extremely serious. Ultimately, if breast cancer is not diagnosed as early as possible, it can be fatal. That is why medical negligence relating to breast cancer is completely unacceptable.
Incidents of breast cancer misdiagnosis can also happen if a medical professional falsely diagnoses a patient with the condition. The psychological effects of an incorrect cancer misdiagnosis can be truly devastating. This type of misdiagnosis can often lead to avoidable mental anguish for patients.
How to Diagnose Breast Cancer?
Advances in medical diagnosis over the past 30 years have dramatically improved the ability of medical professionals to diagnose breast cancer. Shockingly, despite these advances, incidents of negligent misdiagnosis of breast cancer does not seem to have improved.
To diagnose breast cancer, doctors must assess a patient’s symptoms, listening very carefully, and identifying and potential cancerous symptoms. Some common symptoms of breast cancer are:
- A change in nipple shape or size
- A lump in the breast
- Swelling or a lump in the armpit
- A change in the shape, size or feel of a breast
Any of the above symptoms can alert a medical professional of the risk of breast cancer. Doctors have a duty to investigate your symptoms in order to rule out breast cancer. It is not acceptable for a doctor to make an assumption that the symptoms are being caused by something less serious than breast cancer. Doctors are trained to always rule out the most serious conditions before making any assumptions
Other investigations that a doctor can carry out to diagnose breast cancer include:
- A mammogram will produce an X-Ray of your breasts. This will produce an image of your breasts and the surrounding area. A properly trained doctor should be able to identify areas of concern around the breast and identify any potential cancer.
- Ultrasound Scans
- In women aged under 35, an ultrasound scan may be carried out instead of a mammogram. This is because younger women generally have denser breasts. An ultrasound will provide a doctor with a detailed image of your breasts and the surrounding area using high frequency waves. Generally, and ultrasound scan will show abnormalities in the breasts and allow for breast cancer to be diagnosed.
- A biopsy involves taking a sample of tissue from the breast and surrounding area to test it for cancerous cells. Although a biopsy is a more invasive procedure than others, it can be a highly effective tool for diagnosing breast cancer.
All medical professionals owe their patients a “Duty of Care”. This means that if the medical professional falls below the standard that would be expected, they have been negligent. This can result in breast cancer misdiagnosis claims.
If your medical professional has failed to reach an acceptable standard of care, you may be able to make a breast cancer misdiagnosis claim. It is extremely important to take action if you have been let down. It helps to prevent the same mistakes from happening again.
Call for Free legal advice today on:
Or one of out experts can call you back
Our Solicitors are experts in birth and obstetric claims claims. You can contact them today by completing our quick Free Claim Assessment or call us on 0800 644 4240.
If you have suffered due to medical negligence, speak to one of our kernicterus compensation claims solicitors today. They will be able to provide you with a Free Claim Assessment today.
What Are Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims?
- Breast cancer misdiagnosis claims are the legal action victims of medical negligence can take against a negligent healthcare provider. If a medical professional fails in their duty of care to you the consequences can be life threatening.The law in the UK allows victims of breast cancer misdiagnosis victims to obtain justice for their suffering. Often, our clients are not concerned with just monetary compensation, what they really want is an explanation for why things went wrong. Unfortunately, victims often find that without making a breast cancer misdiagnosis claims, a proper explanation may never be given.Breast cancer misdiagnosis claims generally arise when a medical professional negligently fails to diagnose the presence of breast cancer. This negligence then leads to unnecessary pain and suffering to a breast cancer patient. Breast cancer is a very serious condition that requires early intervention to achieve the best outcome. If it is missed, the prognosis can be made much worse.All breast cancer misdiagnosis claims are unique. However, our breast cancer misdiagnosis claim solicitors have identified a number of factors that can often result in a medical negligence claim. These include:
- GP failure to identity symptoms
- Failure to refer patents for further investigations
- Incorrect interpretation of test results
- Incorrect reading of Mammogram or Ultrasound
If a medical professional has failed to diagnose your breast cancer, they may been medically negligent and you may have a breast cancer misdiagnosis claim.
Our breast cancer misdiagnosis solicitors can move quickly with your claim. However, it is vital that you seek advice as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. Do not delay as it can result in you missing the chance to obtain justice for your suffering.
Our Solicitors are experts in breast cancer misdiagnosis claims. You can contact them today by completing our quick Free Claim Assessment or call us on 0800 999 7440.
Can I make a Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claim?
- If you have suffered unnecessary pain and suffering as a result of breast cancer misdiagnosis, you may be able to make a compensation claim. The injuries that you may have suffered may have also caused you financial difficulty or unnecessary costs which you have a legal right to be compensated for.However, making breast cancer misdiagnosis claims are not just about obtaining compensation for your suffering, it is about obtaining justice. Our solicitors understand that this is difficult time for you, often with nobody to turn to.We will be in your corner, fighting your case. Our solicitors will provide you with all the support you need during your claim. You need to act fast, as there are strict time limits on when you can make a breast cancer misdiagnosis claim. Contact us today to discuss your options.
Why Make Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claim?
- Breast cancer misdiagnosis claims can help to avoid the same mistakes being made again. Our solicitors often find that NHS guidelines will change following a medical negligence claim. If the medical mistakes that were made are identified and investigated, improvements can be made.It is also important that you are able to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering. At the very least, you may incurred additional expenses and costs for extra care due to the injury. You may have had to take time of work, or give up your job altogether. In these circumstances, it is only fair that you as the victim are able to receive the correct amount of compensation for your suffering
No Win No Fee Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
- Our medical negligence solicitors will represent you on a No Win No Fee basis. There is no cost to you if the claim is unsuccessful. You will obtain the maximum compensation available to you.Our solicitors will also discuss any other options that are available regarding you case.
How Much Compensation Will I Get?
- The amount of compensation you could receive for breast cancer misdiagnosis claims varies depending on the impact of the medical mistake. The amount of compensation you are awarded will depend on the extent of your suffering and the details of your case. It will also depend on your personal circumstances.Our solicitors will be able to guide you through the levels of compensation available based on your own circumstances. Contact them today for a Free Case Assessment.
Our Expertise in Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims?
- Our medical negligence claims solicitors have decades of experience in breast cancer misdiagnosis claims. They specialise in this area of law and are quite simply experts in the area. Not only are our breast cancer misdiagnosis solicitors experts in this area, they will also provide you with support and kindness in your time of need.We understand that our clients’ are going through one of the most distressing times of your life. We are not here simply as lawyers, we are here to help you get through by achieving the justice you deserveOur breast cancer misdiagnosis claims solicitors will provide you with the expert service you expect from your medical negligence lawyer. But they are also friendly, approachable and put customer service at the heart of everything they do for their clients.